Friday, June 7, 2019

The Controller

So now I had a brushless motor and I had to find the controller to match. There were two options from what I could find matching the motor amperage rating (300A). I'll break down the both of them to the best of my knowledge below. But first a mention of over-rating:

When starting out any project I like to keep my options open, and not commit to anything. This gives me flexibility in the project and in a few years when I might decide to modify what I have. For these reason I chose to go a couple levels higher in my controller specs, from 300A to around 400A. I also thought that this might give me longer lifetime on the controller as I am not pushing it to its limit when I accelerate

The Kelly KLS7250H

From what I understand I'll be getting increased efficiency and no periodic maintenance. I went with a Kelly controller, specifically the Kelly KLS7250H. I over spec'ed the controller in hopes it will last longer and that I will have more flexibility for upgrades or future projects. It can handle a up to 400A, while the motor is only build for 300A peak current for one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Controller

So now I had a brushless motor and I had to find the controller to match. There were two options from what I could find matching the motor a...